How to Talk to the Dead
You do not always need to be formal about communicating with your dead loved ones, but when you are just beginning, it can help to set up a special space to connect. Find a private place in your home where you can light a candle and place a photo of anyone you would like to chat with. You can also write their name or simply hold the intention that any ancestor who loves you step forward.
To begin, use these steps:
- Intention Is Key – Set the Intention to Connect Be specific: “I would like to connect with Aunt Madrid” or “I would like to connect with my deceased son” or “I am open to any messages from dead loved ones now.” Ask that only loving souls that want the best for you be allowed into your space.
- Set Sacred Space – Light a Candle, Burn Incense, Play Music This can set the tone and help you to be receptive to spirit messages You can also do a brief or burn sage to purify the space and keep it high vibration
- Open Your Heart and Mind – Sit for a Moment in Meditation Focus on your breath and see what arises within If thoughts arise, return to your breath and focus within
- Trust What Comes and Your Impressions – You May Feel, See, Sense, or Know Your Loved One is There The first sensation is the spiritual message; the mind chatter telling you that you are “making it up” or “crazy” is your ego. See Be open that the communication may be different than you expect; try to receive what comes with an open mind Consider taking notes. You may be in an altered state of consciousness and forget what seems obvious at the time.
- Ask Questions and Receive Answers – Talk or Write to Loved One You can speak out loud or simply think any questions you have, then wait and see/feel/know their response. You can also write them a letter and then write their response back using automatic writing.
- Make Requests & Offer Gratitude Consider making requests for confirmation or signs that you are truly communicating with your dead loved one. Offer them gratitude and let them know you love them.
- Consider Building an Ancestral Altar You might enjoy creating an altar that honors your ancestors. You can light a candle here and keep photographs that help you remember your dead loved ones. This will hold space for your psychic work and help you transition between the worlds.
- Pay Attention at All Times You may not get all your communication at once. Be aware as you go about your daily activities that your dead loved ones might reach out.